The artistic career and private life of Toto Cutugno, Italian singer, composer, lyricist and TV presenter.
The career of Toto Cutugno begins in the first half of the 60s, when he tries his hand as a drummer with musical groups Toto & the Rockers And Ghigo and the goghi. In 1965 he founded Toto and the Tati and subsequently the Albatros, in which in addition to playing begins to sing. With this band he participates in the Sanremo Festival 1976getting the third position, and in 1977.
At the same time as his experience in the Albatros, in 1976 Toto Cutugno began his solo career, with the release of the single Like yesterday, like today, as always / Single mother, which nevertheless goes unnoticed. His first success was the following year, Donna my woman which also becomes the acronym of the program Mike Bongiorno, Let it bet?.
Also lyricist for singers like Adriano CelentanoCutugno engraves
under the label Carousel Records I want the soulhis 1979 debut album, containing 11 tracks.
In 1980 he won a Sanremowith the song Only U.S. It is with this song that Toto Cutugno also begins to write i texts of their own songs, as well as music. But the artist’s symbolic piece is Italian 1983, song with which he makes himself known at a level international and which is reinterpreted by various artists in different languages, selling millions of records. In total, the singer participates in 15 editions of the Sanremo Festivalwinning only in 1980 but finishing six times according tofor example with Serenade in 1984 and 1987 with Sons.
In the same year he begins to work on Sunday Inof which the theme song An Italian Sundaysung – among others – also with Cristina D’Avena. It continues with the television career from 1989 to 1992, conducting the broadcast Pleasure Raiuno.
With the song Together: 1992 Cutugno represents Italy atEurovision Song Contest 1990winning the event: the second of the three Italian artists ever to succeed, later Gigliola Cinquetti in 1964 and before Måneskin in 2021.
And then again television: in 1991 he leads with Raffaella Carrà And Fabrizio Frizzi there The golden sail on Rai 1while in the summer of 1992 he is with Giorgio Faletti at the helm of the Rai program Tonight I throw … and three!. In the autumn of the same year he leads instead Sunday in.
In the 2000s Toto resumes his tours outside of Italy. Especially in the countries of the East his voice and his melodies become ambassadors of the Italian musical culture in the world.
Prostate cancer forced him in 2007 to take a break and undergo surgery. After that. Toto Cutugno returns to perform around the world, participate in Sanremowrite songs for other artists and appear on television.
Salvatore Cutugno, known as Toto, was born in Awningfraction of Fosdinovo (in the province of Massa and Carrara) on 7 July 1943. His father was a naval non-commissioned officer originally from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto (Messina) and his mother a housewife named Olga. The family moved to Spice a few months after the birth of Toto; he considers the Ligurian town to all intents and purposes the place of his origin.
It is thanks to his father, a player of trumpetwhich Toto approaches the music. At nine, in fact, he plays the drum in the same band he plays on dad, then switch to battery, self-taught. At thirteen he participates in a regional competition where he comes third.
As for life sentimentalthe singer has been married since 1971 to Carla, always remained out of the spotlight. No children were born from this union, but Toto Cutugno is the father of Nicoa boy born in 1989 from an extramarital affair.
- 1979 – I want the soul (album released with Carosello Records)
- 1980 – In love, in love, in love (album released with Carosello Records)
- 1980, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1995, 1997, 2005, 2008, 2010 – Sanremo Festival (in solo competition, broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1981 – My music (album released with Carosello Records)
- 1983 – Italian (album released with Carosello Records)
- 1983 – At the sports bar (film by Francesco Massaro)
- 1985 – For love or for fun (album released with Baby Records)
- 1986 – Blue melancholy (album released with Emi Italiana)
- 1987 – Mediterranean (album released with Emi Italiana)
- 1987-1988, 1992-1993 – Sunday in (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1989-1992 – Pleasure Raiuno (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1990 – Toto Cutugno (album released with Baby Records)
- 1990 – Bingo !!! – Raiuno Pleasure Special (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1990 – Sanremo in the world (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1990 – The golden sail (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1991 – It is not easy to be a man (album released with Emi Italiana)
- 1991 – Eurovision Song Contest (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1991 – 1, 2, 3, happy new year! (broadcast on Rai 1, Rai 2, Rai 3)
- 1992 – Tonight I throw myself and … three! (broadcast on Rai 2)
- 1993 – Sanremo of the little ones (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 1994 – Toto Festival (broadcast on Rete 4)
- 1995 – I want to go live in the country (album released with Emi Italiana)
- 1996 – You are strong (broadcast on Telemontecarlo)
- 1997 – Hidden songs (album released with Carosello Records)
- 1998-2000 – Your own business (broadcast on Rai 2)
- 1998-2000 – Telethon (broadcast on Rai 2)
- 2002 – The train goes… (album released with Carosello Records)
- 2004 – Sanremo Summer (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 2004 – Castrocaro Festival (broadcast on Rai 1)
- 2005 – Nobody in the world like us (album released with Edel)
- 2006 – Singing (album released with Universal)
- 2008 – A falcon locked in a cage (album released with NAR International)
- 2013 – L’italiano – the new version (album released with Carosello Records)
- 2019 – Now or never (broadcast on Rai 1)
What does Ukraine think about Toto Cutugno?
Toto Cutugno is a well-known singer in Russia, as well as throughout Eastern Europe. A group of Ukrainian MPs believe the singer is “a support agent for Russia’s war in Ukraine and part of the Putin Friends association.”
Who is Toto Cutugno’s son?
Toto Cutugno became a father in 1989, with the birth of Nico, not from his wife Carla but from an extramarital affair. The boy appears not to have followed in his father’s footsteps and to have kept away from show business. After earning his business degree, he works in the same field.
What record does Toto Cutugno hold?
Together with Al Bano, Peppino di Capri and Milva, Toto holds the record for participation in the Sanremo Festival.
We would love to give thanks to the author of this post for this incredible content
The artistic career and private life of Toto Cutugno
Our social media profiles here and other pages related to them here.https://prress.com/related-pages/