The Ministry of Health has issued guidelines for close contacts, which can be quarantined by the health authorities
Cases of monkeypox in Italy have reached a high level 505. The latest bulletin of the Ministry of Health reports that the people who have contracted the monkeypox virus are 501 men and 4 women. And from Lungotevere Ripa they arrive quarantine indicationswith a circular containing the guidelines to contain the infections.
How contacts are identified and when quarantine is triggered
On the basis of the health authorities, according to the document of the Ministry of Health, it will be possible to request the application of “quarantine measures”.
- THE contacts close they must be identified as soon as possible and informed of their exposure and the risk of developing infection.
- Contacts with low risk exposure they can adopt passive surveillance, with self-control, by informing their general practitioner.
- THE contacts asymptomatic they can continue with routine activities, going to work and school without going through quarantine.
The monkeypox virus under the microscope.
Health authorities may decide to order the forty with the exclusion of preschool children from nurseries, kindergartens and other group settings.
The indications for close contacts after 21 days
Close contacts must follow these behaviors for 21 days after the potential contagion.
- Avoid donating blood, cells, tissues, organs, breast milk and sperm during self-monitoring.
- Check for symptoms such as fever (twice a day), headache, back pain, swollen lymph nodes, rash of unknown causes.
- Refrain from sexual activities.
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing, with disposable tissues to dispose of properly.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid contact with immunocompromised people, children under 12 and pregnant women.
- Avoid contact with animals, even pets.
The monkeypox virus vaccine is coming to Italy
A further circular will arrive in the next few days to indicate what will be the vaccination strategy in Italy against monkeypox.
The preparation should include a first dose and a booster to be administered at an interval of 2 or 3 months. However, the audience has not yet been defined, i.e. the age groups and characteristics of the patients to whom it will be recommended.
The Lazzaro Spallanzani Institute for Infectious Diseases of Rome has given its availability to be the reference center for monkeypox vaccination in Lazio.
We would love to thank the writer of this post for this awesome web content
Smallpox of monkeys, cases on the rise: go to quarantine, ministerial guidelines for close contacts
Find here our social media profiles , as well as other pages that are related to them.https://prress.com/related-pages/