MDE presents the new Stray, an all mount gain bike with 150mm travel and aluminum frame. The details in the press release.
[Comunicato stampa] After the great success achieved by the Damper with I-link 2.0 suspension, the workhorse for the Enduro category, and by the Carve, the trailbiking frame, MDE bikes today presents the new Stray. Designed for the 360 ° AllMountain, it uses a 210x55mm metric shock absorber that brings the rear travel to 150mm; the geometry has also been designed for use dedicated to All Mountain in combination with a 150mm fork for the 29 “version and a 160mm fork for the 27.5” version.
The new Stray is therefore placed in the middle between the Damper and the Carve and is designed for those who want to use a single bike to do a little bit of everything; from long alpine tours, to outings behind the house up to days in the Bike Park. A total vehicle with very high performance both in pedaling, thanks to the extremely stable and reactive I-link 2.0 system, and in descent, thanks to a geometry that is not extreme but which in any case allows you to tackle any technical or fast path in absolute safety and in full fun.
MDE STRAY is a stray with an excellent pedigree designed for wandering in search of new adventures!
NEW MDE STRAY NEW ALL MOUNTAIN FRAME
DESIGNED, DEVELOPED AND HANDMADE IN ITALY
FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE-CUSTOM-MADE-PRODUCED IN LIMITED QUANTITY
MDE Stray is designed to have maximum pedaling performance and effectiveness while maintaining excellent downhill performance. It uses the I-LINK 2.0 suspension it shares with its sisters Carve and Damper. Fully customizable like any MDE product, from geometry, colors and fittings. Can be ordered immediately on the website (www.mdebikes.com). MDE offers standard geometries for both 29 “wheels (which can also be mounted on Mullet) and 27.5” wheels. For the most demanding, it is also possible to have the frame made to measure (Rider tuned geometry) with a surcharge of 200 €.
The suspension is incredibly stable in pedaling, has a great absorption capacity while maintaining a remarkable reactivity. Oversized pins and oversized bearings, made to MDE specifications by the American Enduro Bearings, guarantee greater rigidity and resistance without increasing the weight. The rear stay is made with CNC parts and the pipes are in hydroformed 7005/7020 aluminum, the head tube is tapered with standard zero stack both above (44mm) and below (56mm). The shock absorber is fixed to the rear frame by means of a special fork which clamps the shock absorber and which is connected to the rear frame by means of two bearings; this allows a better fluidity of operation and a longer duration. The Stray also uses the new external cable routing system (only the cable for the dropper post is integrated) with screwed on 3D printed clips that adhere the cables over the top tube.
MDE continues to offer both the 29 “and the 27.5” versions. In the first case, the standard geometry is based on a 29 “fork with 150mm of travel with a very vertical saddle angle (77.9 °) which guarantees exceptional behavior when pedaling uphill in combination with the very stable I-link suspension. 2.0; extended top tube and reach lengths, 65 ° head angle, 24mm BB drop for a 346mm ground clearance. The compact head tube made it possible to have lower stack shares to the advantage of the precision and maneuverability of the front axle. The geometry of the frame for 27.5 wheels is based on a fork with 160mm of travel and has a saddle angle of 76.9 °, reach and top tube similar to 29 “with a 64.5 ° lower head angle and height from ground of 345mm. The Stray 29 can also be set up in the Mullet version using the short dropouts for an even more aggressive set-up.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE STRAY
• completely redesigned I-Link 2.0 suspension
• pins and main screws with increased dimensions
• bearings made to MDE specifications by the American company Enduro Bearings
• geometry with 5mm shorter rear stay, extended reach, 77.9 ° seat angle and 65 ° steering angle.
• front triangle with hydroformed piping
• Zs44 / Zs56 zero stack tapered head tube
• fixing system of the shock absorber to the carriage by means of a support with bearings
• straight seat tube to accommodate modern dropper post with Stealth preparation as standard with fully internal cable routing
• optimized external cable routing with removable clips and optional classic system with zipps
• compatibility with 29 “or 27.5” wheels
• compatibility only with single chainrings (1 × 11 or 1 × 12) up to 36T
• new Zs44 / Zs56 headset
• bottle cage in standard position above the down tube with ample space available
• 3D printed rubber chain guard and frame protections directly in the MDE laboratory
• handmade in Italy to order
• possibility of making to measure
FEATURES MDE STRAY
• Typology: AllMountain
• Piping: 7005 T6 Custom hydroformed aluminum – Handmade in Italy
• Max fork travel: 160mm
• Amortization measures: 210x55mm or 210x50mm
• Shock spacers: 22mm X 8mm Ant. | Post. Custom (supplied with the frame)
• Rear travel: 150mm | 140mm (depends on the shock absorber)
• Depreciation available: Rock Shox Deluxe Select + Debonair 210X55mm
• Headset (Top): 44mm zero stack
• Headset (Bottom): 56mm zero stack
• Mov. center: 73mm BSA • Rear brake support: 180mm post mount
• Rear axle: 148X12mm (Sram Maxle Std)
• Der. front: None
• ISCG bracket: ISCG 03 or 05 (1,5mm) removable bracket (05 supplied with the frame)
• Diam. seat post: 30.9mm
• Diam. Saddle collar: 34.9mm
• Max chainring size: 36T single (boost crankset only)
• Max rear tire size: 29X 2.5 or 27.5 × 2.8
• Weight: 3.10kg size M without shock.
• Frame built by hand in Italy
FRAME KIT SPECIFICATIONS MDE STRAY
Colors: at your choice
Rear axle: Allen key
Colarino saddle: Allen
Shock absorber: Rock Shok Deluxe Ultimate RT3 (optional)
Fork: several available | you choose
Seatpost: several available | you choose
Headset: MDE HS ZS44-ZS56 | you choose
Notes: collar and rear pin are included in the price.
Available sizes: SML-XL-RIDER TUNED GEOMETRY
Starting price: € 1,990.00
Choose the options in the configurator:
PRICES AND HOW TO BUY IT
The new STRAY can be purchased for the moment as a frame kit only:
_MDE STRAY Frameset without shock absorber starting from € 1,990.00
When ordering, you can choose to combine the frameset with some components present in the MDE store, such as the shock absorber, the fork, the dropper post and more.
At the moment MDE does not offer a standard set-up but by contacting the company it is possible to configure a tailor-made set-up based on the rider’s needs.
We would like to say thanks to the writer of this article for this amazing material
New MDE Stray
We have our social media profiles here , as well as additional related pages here.https://prress.com/related-pages/